Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
People used to travel miles and miles just to get salsa and chips to go from Don Emilio's Restaurant in Larchmont, NY. No matter how hard anyone tried, there was no getting the recipe. Then one day at a party in work, a Columbian girl brought in salsa that her husband had made...and it was identical to Don Emilio's. Aaaahhhhh....amazing salsa whenever you want it. And you'll want it often. And you thought chocolate was addictive???? (Check out my guacamole recipe, too)
- 1 (28 ounce) canredpack plain crushed tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers (or the equivalent of canned peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- additional jalapeno peppers or 3 -5 dashes hot sauce (depending on how much fire you like in your salsa) (optional)
- Combine onion, jalapeno pepper, salt and white vinegar in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Let this marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix and chilll until ready to serve-- at least four hours.