Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from my Cooking Light friends though this isn't exactly a light recipe! But it's oh so good!
- 2 lbs ground chuck (I've used extra lean ground beef, and it turns out fine)
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly; let stand 1/2 hour. Shape into medium-sized meatballs. Fry gently in olive oil until lightly brown, or place on foil in a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Gently place in your own hot spaghetti sauce and cook on medium-low heat for one hour.