Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is one of Dom Deluise's recipes that we just love and I so needed to post so that others may enjoy it. It's from "On the House with Dom Deluise" website. It's so easy and quick to make.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (any variety)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Saute the onion in olive oil over low heat until translucent. Add the mushrooms, peas and chicken broth and cook for about 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender. Add the butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the linguine until almost al dente. Drain. Add the linguine to the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring a couple of times. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil.