Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
From Dom DeLuise. Cooking time does not include refrigeration time.
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, but left whole
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat vinegar in a non-reactive pan over medium heat.
- Add water and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- When sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Add plum sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Used this as suggested for your Recipe #392521. I added lots more garlic, doubled the vinegar and cut way back on the sugar (personal preference). I tasted it plain and it had a good flavor, so I think it would work for a plain salad too.
Yum! It was way too thin, though, so I simmered it for about an hour. I ended up with a syrupy consistency, perfect for the salad it was intended for.Recipe #392521 Also, I added a dash of salt, as I did not have seasoned rice vinegar, just the plain. (who knew seasoned rice vinegar was nothing more than rice vinegar with salt and sugar added?)
This was yummy! I quite liked the thickness of the dressing so, used all the water and just a little less plum sauce. I love ginger so this was just the right amount for us. Served with a green salad as part of an asian meal for ZWT6 - Ya Ya's!