Recipe by Chocolatl
From Dom DeLuise. The original Caesar Salad did not have anchovies, and this doesn't, either.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Yummy salad! We enjoyed this take on the traditional Caesar salad. I think next time I might take Andi's suggestion and use the blender to make the dressing and make it a bit thicker. Also, as a personal preference I will decrease the amt. of lemon juice just a little. I do love the simplicity of this recipe and will definitely be trying it again! Thanks for posting. I have tried a few of Dom's recipes before and remember really liking them. :)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash lettuce and tear into large pieces.
- Rub garlic halves around the inside of a large wooden salad bowl, and discard garlic.
- In bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, mustard and pepper.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Add lettuce, croutons and Parmesan, and toss lightly.
- Top with additional Parmesan if desired.