From Dom DeLuise. What makes this different from other roasted pepper recipes is that the juice is saved and added to the marinade. You can use all red peppers, or a combination of colors. Time include standing time for peppers but not chilling time.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread aluminum foil over the bottom of a broiling pan. Place peppers on foil and broil until skin becomes blistered and charred, turning to char all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Remove peppers from oven. Lift corners of foil and fold them together to seal in the peppers. Cover with a dish towel and let stand 30 minutes.
- Unwrap foil carefully. Remove and discard stems, seeds, and charred skin, but save all the liquid.
- Put the saved liquid in a mixing bowl. Cut peppers into 1/2" strips and place in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove garlic before serving. Serve this with tomatoes as an appetizer, in sandwiches, or as a side dish with meat, chicken or fish.