1/1 Photo of Dom's Broiler Roasted Red Peppers
From Dom DeLuise. What makes this different from other roasted pepper recipes is that the juice is saved and added to the marinade. You can use all red peppers, or a combination of colors. Time include standing time for peppers but not chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Spread aluminum foil over the bottom of a broiling pan. Place peppers on foil and broil until skin becomes blistered and charred, turning to char all sides, about 15 minutes.
- 3Remove peppers from oven. Lift corners of foil and fold them together to seal in the peppers. Cover with a dish towel and let stand 30 minutes.
- 4Unwrap foil carefully. Remove and discard stems, seeds, and charred skin, but save all the liquid.
- 5Put the saved liquid in a mixing bowl. Cut peppers into 1/2" strips and place in bowl.
- 6Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 7Remove garlic before serving. Serve this with tomatoes as an appetizer, in sandwiches, or as a side dish with meat, chicken or fish.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dom's Broiler Roasted Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g