Recipe by JustaQT
This is a popular dessert item on their menu. These are very tasty and make up a bunch! From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
Top Review by DJAtHome
Great detailed instructions, but the cinnamon sugar candied to the bottom of the pan creating bottoms of the dots that were as hard as rocks. Too much work for poor results, i wouldnt make this one again.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Dots: Pour the warm water into a mixing bowl and dissolve it in the sugar and yeast.
- When the yeast begins to bubble, add in your first cup of flour, then the oil and salt.
- Add another 3 cups of flour, mixing with a large spoon until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and holds together.
- Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of flour onto your kneading suface and turn out the dough and knead until it begins to stick together well.
- Add only enough flour to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers and to the board.
- Continue to knead until the relaxed dough feels smooth and springy.
- You may need to add additional flour.
- Form the dough into a ball, and place it in a greased bowl, be sure to turn the dough in the bowl so that the top is greased as well.
- Cover it and put it in a warm area away from drafts.
- Allow dough to double in size.
- This should take at least 45 minutes, maybe more, maybe less depending on the temperature of your room.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare cinnamon sugar mix in a bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar and mix well.
- Shape dough into small balls approximately 1 inch in size.
- Brush dough lightly with melted margarine, and dip into your cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Place coated balls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Icing: Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.