Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a copykat recipe. If you like Domino's you will love these. They are fairly easy to put together for an after school snack or addition to your dinner!
- 1 package prepared pizza crust (or your favorite recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle.
- Brush melted margarine over dough.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, and cinnamon, mix well.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture liberally over the pizza dough.
- Slice the dough into either long sticks, or cut dough in half, and then slice into smaller sticks.
- (The smaller sticks are easier to handle.) Place on an lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
- While the pizza sticks are cooking mix together the powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- You may need to add an extra teaspoon of milk.
- Serve icing with sticks.
I tried out this recipe tonight on my hubby. He agrees that it is a bang-on copycat for Domino's CinnaStix! I used my favorite recipe for homemade pizza dough, and it made quite a large batch, I estimate one recipe of this is equal to 3 or 4 orders of CinnaStix from Domino's.... The icing recipe seemed large, but it's the right amount for this number of cinnastix. Thanks for the great recipe!
Having worked at Domino's there are some things fundamentally wrong with this recipe. At the shop, we take a regular ball of dough, pull it to a roughly square shape. Cut it in half. Use a perforating roller (restaurant supply stores or online) and cut into 8 sticks. Squirt liberally with butter-flavored oil. (OK - you can use the real stuff if you want, but Smart N Final sells a product almost exactly what Domino's does.) The perforations give you that thick, soft, doughy breadsticks. Bake before sprinkling with cinnamon sugar. (Could you imagine cleaning pans with carmelized sugar?! At a fast-food joint? I think not!)
Awesome! These are much better than the Domino's version. Had five boys in the house and am surprised I even got to try one, they were gone that fast. Used recipe #13546 which I mixed in the KitchenAid. Even with making the dough, prep was really quick. Used 2 cups powdered sugar and enough extra milk to make icing which I drizzled on the sticks. Icing was awesome. Thanks for sharing the recipe! A definite repeat at my house.