1/2 Photos of Dominoes - Non Bake Dainties
This comes out of a family recipe box. I've never made it, but it is one of my husband's childhood favourites.
My Private Note
9x9 pan ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Base
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons sifted cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
For the Filling
- 1First make the base by placing the margarine, sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla in a double boiler.
- 2Cook over a low heat until well mixed.
- 3Add in the graham crumbs and coconut, then spread and press into a pan.
- 4For deep squares use a 9 inch square pan and for thinner ones use a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- 5Beat together the filling ingredients until creamy.
- 6Spread on the base and chill.
- 7Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- 8Either melt a bar of chocolate with 1 tsp butter or use your favourite chocolate icing.
- 9Spread on top of the chilled filling, chill again and then cut.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dominoes - Non Bake Dainties
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3560.2
- Calories from Fat 1667
- Total Fat 185.2 g
- Saturated Fat 50.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2879.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 472.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 374.2 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: