This comes out of a family recipe box. I've never made it, but it is one of my husband's childhood favourites.
- First make the base by placing the margarine, sugar, cocoa, egg and vanilla in a double boiler.
- Cook over a low heat until well mixed.
- Add in the graham crumbs and coconut, then spread and press into a pan.
- For deep squares use a 9 inch square pan and for thinner ones use a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Beat together the filling ingredients until creamy.
- Spread on the base and chill.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- Either melt a bar of chocolate with 1 tsp butter or use your favourite chocolate icing.
- Spread on top of the chilled filling, chill again and then cut.