Recipe by This Spatula
I found this recipe on the internet a few years ago, printed it out, and then could never recover the link. It's so amazing I wouldn't want it to be lost to the world. Enjoy!
Top Review by jenniferjen
This is the real deal. If i could have i may have given it a 4.5 . . . I prefer a little less salt. From now on I think i am going to use a dash of salt. BUT absolutely delicious!!! Tastes great with peppermint chips too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in cocoa powder.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and mix into dough.
- Stir in flour, and then chips.
- Place dough by spoonful on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. (Do not overbake! Cookies will seem a bit underdone when they should come out of the oven - this keeps them from drying out).