Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the internet a few years ago, printed it out, and then could never recover the link. It's so amazing I wouldn't want it to be lost to the world. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in cocoa powder.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and mix into dough.
- Stir in flour, and then chips.
- Place dough by spoonful on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. (Do not overbake! Cookies will seem a bit underdone when they should come out of the oven - this keeps them from drying out).
This is the real deal. If i could have i may have given it a 4.5 . . . I prefer a little less salt. From now on I think i am going to use a dash of salt. BUT absolutely delicious!!! Tastes great with peppermint chips too!
I made these cookies for an ad presentation. Our presentation went very well, and the awesomeness of these cookies sealed the deal. And now, everyone is always bothering me to makes these cookies for the office!
Very quick to make, tasty, chewy!