This recipe combines pasta, prosciutto, tomatoes, wild mushrooms and peas in a creamy Parmesan wine sauce for an elegant, mouth-watering Italian dish. It originated with Chef Dominic Galati of Dominic's on the Hill, in St. Louis' "Little Italy". Don't let the list of ingredients hold you back - if you prep everything before you start, it's fast sailing. Italians might serve this as an appetizer, but I serve it as a one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package prosciutto, slices cut cross-wise into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced wild mushroom, stems removed
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add prosciutto, tomato, mushrooms and peas, and cook another 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add wine and cook until wine reduces slightly, about 2 minutes. Add cream and butter; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and parsley.
- 4Taste sauce and adjust seasonings if necessary. As needed, add reserved water from the pasta, a few tablespoons at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve immediately, garnished with more freshly shredded Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dominic's Farfalle Alla Karman
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.8
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 295.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: