1/2 Photos of Dominick's Basic Pizza Dough
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
This is Dominick DeAngelis' recipe for pizza dough using high gluten flour. His pizza flour is sold at Fante's in Philadelphia and on the internet. You can also find high gluten flour in other speciality stores. It's amazing what a difference using high gluten flour makes--you can achieve a marvelously thin and crispy crust. This recipe is so easy and I have found it to be fool proof and it can easily be doubled. It's also wonderful for Garlic Knots (recipe 179509).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the warm water, salt, sugar. yeast and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add flour and begin kneading immediately, using a mixing machine or by hand (I use my Kitchenaid with the dough hook).
- 3Dough has proper moisture content when it is sticky to the touch but does not stick to your hand--add extra water or flour to achieve this.
- 4After kneading about 15 minutes by hand or a few minutes in the mixer, form the dough into a ball and let it rise, covered or in a large plastic freezer bag about two hours at room temperature.
- 5Gently deflate and refrigerate up to 24 hours before freezing or baking (the longer you chill the dough, the chewier the crust--I like it chilled only briefly).
- 6Your dough is now ready to be used in your favorite way.
- 7I roll mine out very thin and bake at the highest temperature the oven will allow.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dominick's Basic Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 181.9 g