1/1 Photo of Dominica Calypso Chicken
3 hrs 30 mins
Az B's Note:
Calypso chicken is made through out the Caribbean. This is the traditaionl Dominica (not Dominican Republic) style. From dominica-weekly.com Cooking time includes time to marinade
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up chicken in pieces and wash in cold water with a piece of lemon.
- 2Rinse well in cold water and place in a large bowl.
- 3Season with salt, pepper one clove garlic (crushed), vinegar and thyme. Allow to marinate for 3 hours.
- 4In a large skillet, heat margarine and add sugar; when very hot, brown chicken.
- 5In another fry pan, heat some oil and fry cashews and set aside.
- 6In the same pan, fry together the garlic, mushrooms, onions and ginger.
- 7Add wine and about ¼ cup water to the original cooking skillet.
- 8Add chicken and cook for about 25 minute until chicken is tender.
- 9Thicken with a little flour softened with some warm water.
- 10Cook for another 3 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with cashew nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dominica Calypso Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1039.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: