Recipe by domesticatedmom
I got tired of making BBQ chicken for the kids because it seemed that was the only way they would eat it! So having long loved this chicken, I thought I would pull a fast one on them. It's now their new request and I can enjoy some goodness at the table too!
- 3 lbs boneless chicken fillets
- 16 ounces Italian salad dressing
- 4 -6 cups fine Italian style breadcrumbs
- 3 -4 eggs, beaten for dipping
- season salt
- salt and pepper
- flour, for lightly coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound fillets to tenderize and place in gallon Ziploc and pour dressing over.
- Give a few tosses to coat and refrigerate a few hours.
- Marinating while you're at work is fine.
- Dip marinated fillets in egg, then crumbs, lightly flour, then back into crumbs again.
- Put into baking dish and sprinkle with seasonings to taste.
- Bake at 350°F until no pink shows.
- I cut one to see if its done in the center.
- That's usually the largest piece.
- Flip once in the middle of baking to give an even golden brown. (Sorry my camera is broken I don't have a photo!)
- I like to serve with the children's favorites Mac n Cheese, oven baked beans, and of course BBQ sauce for chicken dippin'. I like to dip my chicken in homemade garden stewed tomatoes pipin' hot. Yummmm.