Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chili recipe is from the 1989 tv show "Roseanne". It's a hearty kind of chili with a little bit of a bite.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup choppped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) jars taco sauce (mild or medium)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese, to garnish chili
- tortilla chips, to scoop up chili
- Cook ground beef in Dutch oven over high heat; stirring to break up meat, until no longer pink (for 3 minutes).
- Add onions; cook and stirring until translucent (for 2 minutes).
- Stir in chili powder and garlic; cook one minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco sauce. Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and heat through.
- Top each bowl with shredded cheese, and scoop up the chili with the tortilla chips.
- Note: This recipe states to add 1/4 cup of chili powder, and yes, that's exactly how much I put in my chili.
Great chili! But I just have to ask! How did you get a recipe from the Roseanne tv show??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Hi Domestic Goddess, We loved your chili.Â My husband loves taco sauce so I new he would love this.Â I used one jar of mild taco sauce and one jar of medium sauce.Â It had just enough heat for both of our tastes. Thanks!
This is a quick and delicious chili recipe. I've never tried taco sauce (I used mild) in chili before and I really liked it. Excellent flavor and very filling. I love leftovers and I'll have a lot with this recipe. Thanks for sharing!