Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a country styled tomato salad. Use full ripe tomatoes for best result
Make and share this Domatosaláta Choriátiki (Greek Tomato Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tomatoes, full ripe
- 1 -2 green chili
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- salt and pepper
- anchovy (optional)
- Wash tomatoes, remove the green stem part and cut into slices (not too thin).
- Wash chilis and cut into thin rings. If you like it hot use 2 chilis. If you like it mild use one or mild chilis.
- Dice the olives.
- Dice the Feta cheese.
- Arrange tomatoes on a large plate or bowl, Sprinkle the chilis, olives, feta and capers over the tomatoes. If you like you can add anchovis, which you cut into thin stripes.
- Make a vinaigrette of oil, vinegar, oregano. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over tomato salad and serve.
Yummy! Wow this recipe is a similar recipe my mother makes. It also had a few of my favourite's ingredients tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, capers and anchovies so I knew it would be a winner. I changed the serving size in half to suit our family and there were no leftovers. Thank you Thorsten
This was a great salad with a good bite. I didhn't have green chili do I used some pickled cascabella peppers and it turned out well. This is a keeper for me. Thanks.
A most excellent salad! I love the tremendous amount of flavor you get for so few calories. I like with anchovies but my family does not. So, I add them to mine after serving. A must make if you can get vine ripe tomatoes with good flavor. One of my favorites!