Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vogue Entertaining Cookbook.
- 8 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- self-raising flour
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Place tomatoes, onion and sugar in bowl. Mix well and season.
- Gradually add flour until mixture is thick but moist.
- Pour olive oil in frying pan and heat.
- When oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of mixture in and fry on both sides until golden. Drain and serve.
Made this the other night as I seem to have an abundance of tomatoes this year. It was great. I loved how the veggies retained their independent flavors yet still blended to a degree! I added green peppers the second time I made it with good results again. Thanks for this recipe. It is versatile, quick, healthy and tastes great!