Recipe by ElaineAnn
This is a tasty treat. Not diet fare for sure!
Top Review by Chocolatl
What an interesting recipe. It's like a soft bread with a spoonbread topping--nice and puffy. I made in the food processor, and didn't have to adjust the proportions at all. I did not add salt--Dom knew what he was doing. I do recommend two things--greasing the pan, and using a good, sharp cheddar. Nice addition to our meal; thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine onions with egg, sour cream, and pepper. Mix well; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until crumbly and fine. Stir in half the cheese. Add milk to make a soft dough. Pat into a 9" pan.
- Spread sour cream mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.