1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
This is an Iranian version of Stuffed cabbage leaves
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the leaves carefully from the head of the cabbage.
- 2blanch in boiling water for about 5 minutes until limp.
- 3Do not overcook.
- 4Drain in a colander.
- 5Cut out the thick secion[ribs], only removing the lower portion.
- 6Combine the mince with onion, rice, herbs and turmeric.
- 7Add 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Divide mixture into 18 portions.
- 9spread a cabbage leaf flat on the work surface and place one filling portion on the base of the leaf.
- 10Roll once, fold in the sides and roll up into a firm package.
- 11Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 12Line a heavy pan with cabbage trimmings or a well washed outer leaf.
- 13Pack rolls in close together in layers.
- 14Add 1 cup cold water and invert a heavy plate over the rolls.
- 15cover, bring to a simmer and cook gently for 45 minutes.
- 16Blend sugar and vinegar and add to pan.
- 17tilt pan to blend liquids.
- 18Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- 19Serve with chelou or flat bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dolmeh Kalam (Stuffed Cabbage Leaves with Sweet-sour Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 105.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 25.0 g