Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is an Iranian version of Stuffed cabbage leaves
Make and share this Dolmeh Kalam (Stuffed Cabbage Leaves with Sweet-sour Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- Separate the leaves carefully from the head of the cabbage.
- blanch in boiling water for about 5 minutes until limp.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain in a colander.
- Cut out the thick secion[ribs], only removing the lower portion.
- Combine the mince with onion, rice, herbs and turmeric.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide mixture into 18 portions.
- spread a cabbage leaf flat on the work surface and place one filling portion on the base of the leaf.
- Roll once, fold in the sides and roll up into a firm package.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Line a heavy pan with cabbage trimmings or a well washed outer leaf.
- Pack rolls in close together in layers.
- Add 1 cup cold water and invert a heavy plate over the rolls.
- cover, bring to a simmer and cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Blend sugar and vinegar and add to pan.
- tilt pan to blend liquids.
- Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve with chelou or flat bread.