Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
In 'Make It Fast, Cook It Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons
- 1 (8 ounce) jar grape leaves
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, rice, egg, allspice, dill, parsley, and juice from 1 lemon.
- Mix well with your hands to combine.
- Drain and rinse the grape leaves.
- Put a small amount of the meat mixture into each leaf, and roll to form a little packet (shiny side of leaf should be facing out) (Ms. O'Dea estimates about 24 packets).
- Place the wrapped packet into your stoneware.
- Repeat until you run out of filling or leaves; it is ok to stagger-stack.
- Squeeze the juice from the other lemon over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or until the meat is fully cooked.