Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Vine leaves filled with a tasty rice mixture make a delicious starter in this version of a Greek recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces cooked short-grain rice
- 2 ounces sultanas
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 15 -20 grape leaves
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the shallots, scallion and garlic. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened.
- Remove the pan from direct heat. Mix in the rice, sultanas, pine nuts, dill, parsley and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Lay out the vine leaves shiny side down. Place about 1 tbs of the rice mixture in the centre of each vine leaf. Roll up each leaf over the rice filling, forming small, neat, tightly-rolled parcels.
- Chill until serving.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt.