Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups egg bread, day old cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grease 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon.
- Toss bread cubes, melted butter, raisins and sugar-cinnamon mixture in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly in greased pan.
- Set aside.
- Whisk eggs lightly in bowl.
- Bring cream, remaining sugar and vanilla to a boil.
- Gradually whisk cream mixture into eggs. Pour over bread mixture.
- Place pan in water bath.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until custard sets and top is golden brown.