Recipe by GingerlyJ
My friend Anthony gave me this recipe. It is served at Dolly parton's Dixie Stampede
Top Review by qsmuse
OK. So I made this soup once basically per the recipe and it was perfect. Next time I substituted vegetable broth in place of the chicken and water (trying to serve it to a vegetarian) and although it tastes the same the soup is a darker color. So next time I will stick to chicken broth and make something else for the vegetarian. Oh, I also have no corn syrup so I just used sugar. The recipe doesn't say to drain the canned vegetables, but I did.
- 44.37 ml margarine
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml corn syrup
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 354.88 ml water
- 177.44 ml canned mixed vegetables
- 473.19 ml half-and-half cream
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do NOT brown.
- Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly – do NOT bring to boil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.