Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Anthony gave me this recipe. It is served at Dolly parton's Dixie Stampede
Make and share this Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Cream of Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup canned mixed vegetables
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do NOT brown.
- Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly – do NOT bring to boil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
OK. So I made this soup once basically per the recipe and it was perfect. Next time I substituted vegetable broth in place of the chicken and water (trying to serve it to a vegetarian) and although it tastes the same the soup is a darker color. So next time I will stick to chicken broth and make something else for the vegetarian. Oh, I also have no corn syrup so I just used sugar. The recipe doesn't say to drain the canned vegetables, but I did.
love this!! it is a weekly meal at our house....we love the Dixie stamped and i also found the cheese bread recipe that goes with this soup its AWESOME