Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub is included as part of the Southwestern Grilled Chicken recipe in her cookbook, “Dolly’s Dixie Fixin’s.”
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- Mix together and use prior to grilling chicken and steaks.
- Store the spice mixture in an airtight container; can be stored for up to 1 month.
- Also is good stirred into chili and thick soups!
This rub is made from basic store cupboard items,which makes it a great standby for days when you are stuck for ideas of what to cook. I used it on chicken,which then got grilled.A very simple and modest dish that had great flavour.I will be using this again and testing it in all sorts of different ways.Thanks for posting. Made for Comfort Cafe Jan '09.