Recipe by **Mandy**
I got this recipe from Kraft & made it for my daughters 2nd birthday, it's very simple to put together & the kid's will love to help you decorate it as my little one did. Cooking time is refrigeration time. You will also need a plastic doll or dolly varden spike for this.
- 500 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 300 ml cream, lightly whipped
- 12 jam rolls, rollettes
- 300 ml cream, extra
- marshmallows, optional to decorate (optional)
- silver cachous, optional to decorate (optional)
- candy sprinkles, optional to decorate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- BEAT the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla and gelatine mixture, beat for a further 2 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved. Stir through the whipped cream.
- SPOON some of the mixture into the base of a foil and cling wrap lined 2L bowl/colander. Arrange the rollettes evenly in the bowl, and pour over the remaining mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour, until set.
- TURN the cake out onto a serving plate. Cover the cake completely with the extra whipped cream, tinted slightly with a food grade colouring of your choice. Use a palette knife to create a swirled effect.
- ADD the doll into the top, and decorate with marshmallows, lollies and cachous.