Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great little recipe I came up with while working on the unit hazard code at work. The key is the hot sauce.
- 20 (1 ounce) mini vienna sausages
- 4 ounces nacho cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (smash up crackers if you don't have breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- Open the cans of Vienna Sausages. Cut them in half.
- Open the nacho cheese. Dip the sausages in the cheese so they are coated in cheese.
- Roll the cheese covered sausages in the bread crumbs.
- Then when done, throw them in a deep fryer for 10 minutes.
- They should be golden brown. Then dump in a bowl and cover in hot sauce. Swish around until totally covered.
- Pour them on a plate and -- Enjoy.
- These are not only a treat for the eyes but also the palette. These are now ready to be taken into your work place to share with your lucky co-workers!
This recipe came out terrible for me as well. The breading did not stay on, after 5 minutes they were almost black, and my fryer was filled with burnt cheese muck afterwards. Very disappointing.
This recipe ended up greasy and the bread crumbs did not stick to the sausages. It turned into a mess. I like the idea but will not make these again.
Oh my god this is the best recipe ever!