Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
My family loves pineapple. I found this on the web while looking for recipes from Disneyworld/Disneyland. This is one of the recipes I came across. It's different from the ones posted here, as it makes quite a bit more.
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.
The real Dole Whip is dairy free. Substitute with almond, soy or coconut (creme) milk and you have a winner!
This recipe had too much cream in it - I would only use 1 cup, or add another can of pineapple. Also, i would not drain the pineapple; using all the juice will give you more pineapple flavor. Not bad...
Made this for our Hawaiian themed engagement party when we got back from Oahu this winter. It was so easy to put together! I didn't have any because of the whipping cream, but everyone else loved it - they couldn't believe it was homemade! Thanks for such a fun recipe.