Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty crumb bar recipe! If you like the natural sweetness of dates and the contrasting tartness of cranberries you will love this recipe
- 8 ounces pitted dates (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie margarine (melted)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook dates with 1/2 cup juice, in saucepan, 5 minute or until thickens. Stir in remaining juice, 1/3 cup cranberries, and orange peel.
- Combine sugar and honey in bowl. Add oats flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- Slowly add margarine until combined.
- Press 2/3 of oat mixture onto bottom of 8" or 9" square pan. Spread date filling over crust. Stir remaining 1/4 cup cranberries into oat mixture. Cover filling with crust. Press down firmly.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minute or until lightly brown.
- Cool and let cut.
I had this recipe around forever on an empty package of dates and never tried the recipe until yesterday. I found it here and now I don't have to post it! Delicious.