Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Any dessert recipe that looks this special, is no-cook, is a quick-fix & is make-ahead easy gets my serious attention. This 1 is by Teresa Gilardi Candler from "The Northern Italian Cookbook". The recipe said it served 8-12, but that seemed like a lrg variant to me so I opted to say 10. You may want to decide this for yourself. Enjoy!
- 8 tablespoons butter (at room temp)
- 6 egg yolks (hard-boiled)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons rum
- 36 ladyfingers (See Note)
- 1 1⁄2 cups port wine (white port only)
- Using a blender, combine the butter, egg yolks, sugar, salt & rum.
- Blend at med speed for 3-4 min till butter cream is smooth & fluffy.
- Working quickly, dip 9 ladyfingers (1 at a time) into the wine & arrange them in a layer on a serving platter.
- Carefully spread 1/4 of the butter cream over them & repeat the layering process 3 more times to end w/a top layer of butter cream.
- Cover & refrigerate for 24 hrs b4 serving.
- NOTE: This recipe assumes you will buy commercially prepared ladyfingers, but you may also choose from 7 recipes for them posted on RZ.