Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Watched Chef Rakesh Sethi make this on Star Plus last week, easy and good.
- 1 sole fillet, cut into pieces (marinated in lemon and salt to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- water (to make gravy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon methi seeds
- 2 green cardamoms, opened and pounded
- 1 -2 clove
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup curds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro (, for garnishing)
- 1 pinch red food coloring
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add methi seeds, cardamoms and cloves.
- Let the methi seeds crackle.
- Once they do, add onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and some water.
- Mix well.
- Add green chillies followed by some more water if you want more gravy.
- Cook till oil begins to leave the masala.
- Once it does, add tomato puree and mix very nicely.
- Remove from heat.
- Add curd and some water to give it a good consistency. Add a pinch of red food colour and stir well with the yogurt.
- Boil once.
- Allow to simmer.
- Reduce heat.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Now add the pieces of fish.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.