Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are soooo good that we even eat them....ok...maybe just one...because after all they are for the pooches. I made these for Christmas presents for all the doggies in my life. You can use whatever shaped cutter you like. I make mine about 1/4" thick and bake them for 15 minutes...because these are for small dogs.
- Line rimless baking sheet with parchment paper or grease. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together the flours, oats, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat butter with peanut butter; beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in flour mixture, mint and parsley to make a soft dough.
- Divide in half; wrap and refridgerate until firm, about 1 hour. (Make ahead and refridgerate for up to 2 days).
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2" thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice. I use a small 2" round cutter because I have 2 small dogs.
- Arrange on prepared sheets.
- Bake 325 degrees until golden and firm -- about 35 - 40 minutes. But I found that for our altitude -- 15-20 minutes does the trick for us.
- Transfer to rack; let cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- **The serving size is dependent on the size of the cookie cutter you use.