Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy family dish, popular with Dad and kids.
Make and share this Dogs And Taters recipe from Food.com.
- 6 beef hot dogs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, saute dogs in oil until browned.
- Add onion, garlic salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and cook on med, turning potatoes occasionally.
- Continue cooking until potatoes are tender and browned.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let the cheese melt into the potatoes.
This is great..I make this for breakfast only I use sausage..never thought about hot dogs. This really came in handy today..alday at the doctors and we were starved. This fulled the tummy and was so yummy. Thank You
My 13 year old son's favorite. I always brown the potatoes and onion first then add the hot dogs. Make it quicker by using frozen potatoes o'brien or even frozen hash browns. I have also made this with polish sausage and even brats. Always great and super simple! Thanx Inez..
This is so darn simple, and very tasty indeed! I microwave the potatoes, as they seem to fry better this way. I like soft middles and crunchy outsides! Then put the potatoes in the fry pan first with the onion. Once all is just beginning to brown, I add the hot dogs. This way I find they don't "over cook". Last comes the cheese, just until melted. Oh my, this is good comfort food!! I recommend "Best's Kosher Dogs" or at least a dog that has a good strong flavor.