My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the oven rack in the center of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place 1 slightly greased baking pan on the side.
- 2Use a large bowl and a wire whisk to mix the whole-wheat flour, oats, yellow cornmeal, dry milk, & wheat bran and cheddar cheese together.
- 3In a separate smaller bowl beat the egg with an electric mixer until it is foamy on medium speed and then beat in the chicken broth.
- 4Blend both the dry and wet preparation together with a spoon or use your hand until it becomes a soft dough and starts to pull away from the bowl it is inches If it is too dry add a teensy bit more broth to it.
- 5Lightly flour a flat surface and turn the dough onto it.
- 6Use a rolling pin to roll it out to A 1/2 inch of thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies shapes (whatever shape your dog likes)and make sure to reuse the scraps as you go.
- 7You will notice that the dough will become stiffer as you work it.
- 8Put the cookies on the set aside prepared baking pan and place them in the oven. Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes or until the cookies have acquired a light golden brown color and look dry.
- 9Then remove them from the oven and place the tray over a rack and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- 10Turn the oven off.
- 11Once the cookies have cooled, put them back inside the warm oven in one baking tray and allow them to sit in there undisturbed without opening the oven door for 10 to 15 hours straight.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doggie Cookies and Cheese Treats
Serving Size: 1 (719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 49.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g