Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted as a request. I found this recipe of the Internet. It was posted by Ruth Sprague who baked it for her "Spunky's 13th birthday party".
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon soy flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup baby carrots, grated or ground
- Combine flours, baking soda and peanut butter.
- Mix in egg, oil, vanilla, honey and carrots until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
Made this cake for my bf's doggie's 2nd birthday and it was a huge success. ALL the dogs gobbled it down. I used a much much smaller cake tin (7" round). And it was a nice height. I asked the cake with mash potatoes, colouring it different colours. Couldn't find any soy flour at home, so I substituted it with corn flour, the little fellas didn't seem to mind. And they all wanted seconds! Thank you Kim!