Recipe by San Marcos Sunshine
Recipe from Checkered Flag Cooking by Kent Whitaker. A good Manly Meat recipe for tailgate season!
- 1 lb hot dog
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa
- 1⁄2 lb bratwurst
- 1⁄2 lb frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 2 cups favorite barbecue sauce
- hot sauce (to taste)
- water or beer, to thin sauce as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice all meats into bite size pieces & combine with barbeque sauce & Manwich in a crockpot. Add optional hot sauce and other seasonings of choice to taste i.e. garlic, onion, liquid smoke, etc. If you have another favorite meat or sausage, toss it in!
- Simmer 4-6 hours on low. Serve hot with wooden skewers.
- Recipe can be prepared ahead and stored in a freezer bag; reheat and you're set to go.