This is a great recipe for those canine friends and familly members to help celebrate a special occassion such as a birthday, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and any other holiday. It has only human-grade ingredients and is safe for people as well (it's not all that bad really).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 6 cup ring mold.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well.
- Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.