Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe at Bullwrinkle.com. Still not quite the texture I'm looking for. My dog loves them but he'll work for kibble. I used Wellness Core Turkey, turkey liver, chicken liver flavor canned dog food, 6 oz. but I think pureed liver or peanut butter would also work. (Update: peanut butter does not work well - crumbly) 1/2 tsp size takes forever to make - if you make them bigger, cook them longer. Update: after freezing and thawing, these are a really good texture. Frank the corgi really loves these, even more than dried liver. Next time I'm going to roll out and cut into little pieces.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope yeast
- 1⁄4 cup very warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) can dog food
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix in yeast and other ingredients. This is very stiff, you might need to mix it with your hands.
- Place level 1/2 tsp balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.