Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Dog Team Restaurant; posted for Zaar World Tour 2005
Make and share this Dog Team Sticky Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 35.43 g yeast
- 236.59 ml water (105-115 degrees F)
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml mashed potatoes (warm)
- 709.77 ml flour (may need more)
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 118.29 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix together shortening, sugar, salt, egg, mashed potato; add dissolved yeast.
- Mix in flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn on to floured board, knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary.
- May refrigerate overnight now.
- Roll out dough into a 9*16 rectangle and butter generously with melted butter.
- Sprinkle dough with mixture of cinnamon and sugar; roll toward one long edge.
- Slice into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Butter a 9*13 baking pan.
- Mix maple syrup with water; pour into pan; sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- Place slices of dough, cut side down, on top of syrup mixture.
- Let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Invert onto platter or foil to cool if you like your sticky buns gooey; Invert onto a rack if you don't like goo. Either way, be careful as syrup is very hot.
Very good! I made these using instant potato flakes prepared into mashed potatoes, as I did not have any leftover mashed potatoes, I use 1-1/2 tablespoons dry yeast to speed up the rising time slightly, and increased the sugar in the dough by 1 tablespoon. Great recipe that I will make again soon, thanks Bunny Mom!...Kitten:)
Delicious!! The Sticky Bun dough is perfectly light and rises so well. Your ingredient amounts were spot on - the dough was lovely to work with. I was worried when I turned them out that the tops of the buns looked more soggy than syrupy, however as they cooled the syrup thickened up and made a lovely glaze. I'll definitely use this recipe again.