1/1 Photo of Dog Team Sticky Buns
2 hrs 30 mins
From Dog Team Restaurant; posted for Zaar World Tour 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 ounces yeast
- 1 cup water (105-115 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (warm)
- 3 cups flour (may need more)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Mix together shortening, sugar, salt, egg, mashed potato; add dissolved yeast.
- 3Mix in flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Turn on to floured board, knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary.
- 5May refrigerate overnight now.
- 6Roll out dough into a 9*16 rectangle and butter generously with melted butter.
- 7Sprinkle dough with mixture of cinnamon and sugar; roll toward one long edge.
- 8Slice into 1 inch thick pieces.
- 9Butter a 9*13 baking pan.
- 10Mix maple syrup with water; pour into pan; sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
- 11Place slices of dough, cut side down, on top of syrup mixture.
- 12Let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- 13Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 14Bake about 30 minutes.
- 15Invert onto platter or foil to cool if you like your sticky buns gooey; Invert onto a rack if you don't like goo. Either way, be careful as syrup is very hot.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dog Team Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g