Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Title says it all. If you have had it you'll love it and if you haven't it's about time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- ketchup, as needed
- In a salted skillet, brown ground beef with onion over medium heat, breaking up meat with a fork to crumble it fine.
- Drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except catsup.
- Mix well, then add enough catsup to keep mixture loose.
- Simmer, partially covered, 1 hour, adding catsup as needed.
Quanities are not correct. Used 1 t vinegar & 2T Worschester sauce & 1/4 t celery seed.. Came out perfect.
Almost perfect... Add a quarter cup more sugar and more celery seed and like 3-4 more tablespoons vinegar... Then just balance the color with ketchup and mustard to get that perfect orangey color and your good to go?
My DH & I grew up in the Lafayette area and didn't think this tasted anything like Dog N Suds coney sauce. Followed the recipe very carefully but felt it turned out to be more like sloppy joe sauce than coney dog sauce.