Recipe by peachez
I feed our dogs this mix along with available dry food, they enjoy this a lot. I also will add leftover shredded chicken just for an extra protein boost. Healthier than the dry / canned dog food available. You can also add leftover baby food jars of pure meat to flavour this. Prep time doesn't include cool down, wrapping nor freezing. We have 4 dogs from small to large, serving size depends on the size / breed of your dog.
- 2 -3 carrots, shredded
- 4 potatoes, shredded
- any leftover vegetables, shredded (no onions ( or toss in some frozen veggies)
- 1 lb navy beans, cooked
- 3 lbs hamburger (I use 21 % fat)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a very large mixing bowl: shred carrots, potatoes and any leftover veggies, no need to peel.
- Using rubber gloves hand mix/mash remaining ingredients into veggie mixture, mixing till no lumps.
- Place mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake for approx 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Slice pieces into a size your dog will eat, foil wrap and date, toss into freezer bags, label for dogs Freeze remaining slices.
- Defrost, then feed.