Recipe by True Texas
Strange name, but delicious dessert. The recipe comes from COOKS.COM website. Note of 03/08: I did not feel it was necesary to say this is NOT a dessert for DOGS, but after reading someones's review I guess it should be noted. It's just a silly name for a delicious PEOPLE dessert.
- 1 (14 ounce) packagelight caramels
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Combine first 2 ingredients. Cook over low heat until caramels are melted. Keep warm.
- Combine cake mix, butter and nuts. Press 1/2 mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle chips over crust. Spread caramel mix next, then crumble dough over top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.