Recipe by V.A.
I found this recipe on Bullwrinkle.com, and our boy absolutely loved it! I baked it as directed, but used two small jars of beef baby food. After it was baked I trimmed it into a bone shape and "frosted" it with peanut butter... of course I had to put his name on it as well. I did my best to find out if this had been posted here before, but had a hard time... hopefully this is not a double post :)
Top Review by IdrilMoonshadowtheChef
I am in the process of making this right now. I didnt have any baby food so I used pumpkin and the dogs would not leave my side for anything while I was prepping it. I made it into cupcakes since today is our lab Stewie's 2nd Birthday and we are going to the dog park with them to meet some friends. I can already tell these are gonna be a huge hit and I will have to make them again next month for our husky Max's 2nd birthday. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar beef baby food
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices beef jerky ((2 to 3)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Add corn oil, baby food, and eggs.
- Mix until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients into beef mixture until batter is smooth.
- Crumble beef jerky and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Ice with plain yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Store uneaten cake in refrigerator.