Recipe by Clifford Boren
When your sweet-tooth begins to ache during the sticky days of August and you don't want to heat up the kitchen by blasting the oven, try these. Very little heat required. Good taste.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (Use Canola oil margarine if possible. Health reasons.)
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups Equal sugar substitute
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 -4 tablespoons peanut butter (I like chunky for the crunchy texture it provides, but creamy will do)
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, if possible use real rather than artificial
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump the chocolate chips, peanut butter, oatmeal and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the margarine, milk and sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil and let it go for 1 minute.
- Combine the hot mixture with the oatmeal mixture and stir well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to cool.