Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A treat for your canine friends!
Make and share this Dog Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Knead dough for about 1 minute.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with dog bone cutter and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before feeding to pet or putting in jar.
I can't believe I forgot to rate this. My dog goes absolutely crazy for these. He tries to knock them off the pan as I take them out of the oven. I layer the ingredients in a jar at Christmas time and give this as a gift to my dog owner friends. Along with a bone shaped cookie cutter it makes a nice gift for my furry friends.
Our dogs love these - actually everyones dogs love these! I made them for everyones dogs for christmas and even the picky ones ate them up. I copied a previous reviewer and put the dry ingredients in a jar with a bone cookie cutter as christmas gifts to some dog lover I know - it was a real hit!
I did not realize that I hadn't posted a review until today when I ran out of these treats and had to make some more. I made these for all the furry friends in our extended family this past Christmas. I could tell by the wagging tails and happy eyes that I am now their favourite relative! I thought the dough was easy to work with and they baked up just lovely. Thx for sharing this.