1/2 Photos of Dofu Cai Mian (Tofu Vegetable Noodle Soup, Two Versions)
A warming, nutritious, and quick throw-together soup. Like a wonderful lo mein, but with less oil and in stock -- plus, this has a sweet-spicy and a hot-spicy variation here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen leaf spinach or 1 (12 ounce) package chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water chestnut
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot
- 12 ounces lite silken extra firm tofu or 12 ounces firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (optional) or 1/2 tablespoon pureed fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder or 2 tablespoons szechuan sauce or 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil or 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups oriental vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat noodles (linguini, ho fun, egg noodles, whatever)
- 1Bring stock to a roiling boil.
- 2Add spices to taste. For a hotpot style soup, use ginger, garlic, szechuan sauce or chili paste, and chili oil. For a darker, sweet-spicy taste, use ginger, garlic, five spice powder, sesame oil, and some extra soy sauce.
- 3Add noodles and cubed tofu, simmer a few minutes to allow flavors to blend and noodles to cook partway while you get vegetables together.
- 4Add all vegetables, excluding spinach.
- 6Add spinach, simmer until just tender.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dofu Cai Mian (Tofu Vegetable Noodle Soup, Two Versions)
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 839.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder