Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
My great Aunt Doris' recipe.
- 1 lb penne, rigota cooked according to package
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 (26 ounce) jarsclassico spaghetti sauce (Ripe Olives and Mushrooms or Tomato and Basil)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine penne rigota, sausage, sauce and 2 cups shredded cheese; mix well.
- Turn into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes or until bubbly hot.
- Uncover, top with remaining 2 cups cheese, and bake 10 minutes longer.
We loved the flavor combination and ease of preparation. We did feel it was a bit dry as far as the amount of sauce used. I opted to use the Classico Tomato & Basil sauce.